Listed below are passport fees set by the Department of State and effective January 26, 2011:
For additional information, please go to the Department of State website, travel.state.gov.
ROUTINE SERVICE (Form DS-11)
Receipt Within 6 Weeks----These Fees are Non-Refundable
|Age 16 and Over
|Under Age 16
ROUTINE SERVICE (Form DS-82)- PASSPORT RENEWAL
Receipt Within 6 Weeks-------This Fee is Non-Refundable
|PASSPORT RENEWAL BY MAIL (Customer Submits)
|Renew by Mail if All of the Following are True
Your Most Recent U.S. Passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
- Was issued within the last 15 years; and
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.
If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person .
Submit a U.S. Passport Application by Mail
- All minors age 15 and under who have or have not had a passport in the past must apply in person using form DS-11.
- You may mail in your renewal application yourself - You do not need to make an appointment at an acceptance facility!
- If you have or ever had a passport book and you are eligible to use Form DS-82, you may apply for a passport card as a renewal by mail - even if it is your first passport card! Learn more about the U.S. passport card.
- You can renew your passport even if it has not expired.
- If your most recent U.S. passport has been mutilated, altered, or damaged, you cannot apply by mail - you must Apply in Person.
- Applicants will receive their old passport back in the mail. It may be sent separately from the new passport.
- If you are behind in child support payments, you may not be able to get a passport (See Child Support).
- You may request a larger passport book with 52 pages, at no additional cost, by checking the '52 page' box at the top of your passport application.
- Fill Out Form DS-82: Application For A U.S. Passport by Mail
- Submit your most recent U.S. passport book and/or card
- Submit a certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- Pay the Applicable Fee
- Provide One Passport Photo
- Mail application
EXPEDITED SERVICE (Form DS-11 or DS-82)
|Add $60 Per Application and 2-Way Overnight Delivery
Expedite fee DOES NOT include overnight delivery.
Customer must arrange for overnight delivery to ensure receipt within 2-3 weeks.
If international departure in less than 2 weeks, or passport is needed for foreign visas, application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. Appointment is required. Visit www.travel.state.gov for more information.
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not equipped to accept your credit cards for payment in the Probate Division. Currently, we accept the following methods of payment: Personal Check, Company Check, or Money Order. This check should be made out to: “Passport Services”. If paying by check, the address on the check must match the address on your identification. Check or cash may pay for the $25 execution fee. If using a check to pay for the execution fee, the check should be made out to “Clerk of The Circuit Court of Cook County.” As of 2/1/04, passport photos are available at the Clerk’s Office in Room 1202 for a cost of $10.00 per two photos.