A subpoena for a foreign action.
A. Movant shall comply with Illinois Supreme Court Rule 204(b)
and Illinois Supreme Court Rule 707
. Parties need to comply with the Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act (735 ILC 35/1 et. seq.).
B. Required Documents:
- A Civil Action Cover Sheet.
- A Petition to Issue a Subpoena containing the date, time, place of deposition, the name of the deponent and any documents requested.
- A Foreign Commission, if issued in the foreign jurisdiction, or proof of a case pending.
- Subpoena(s) (CCGN006 or CCGN014) containing the date, time, place of deposition, the name of the deponent and any documents requested (attached).
- An order containing the date, time, place of deposition, the name of the deponent and any documents requested, to be entered in this court (attached).
- A check in the amount of $359.00 payable to the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- No notice is required.
- If service is requested by the Sheriff, the movant must contact the Sheriff with any request for services. The phone number for Sheriff Summons information is (312) 603-4922.
- Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for returned copies.
- For discovery depositions of non-party physicians, see Illinois Supreme Court Rule 204(c).
Return the above to:
Clerk of the Circuit Court - Law Division
50 W. Washington St. Room 801
Chicago, Illinois 60602.
Please direct any questions to the Law Division management staff at (312) 603-5426.