How to Get Your Next Court Date | Zoom Information | Limiting In-Person Contact | Bail Review

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs for Juvenile Justice Division

Yes, you may file any pleading for the Juvenile Justice Division by mail.
If your child is experiencing behavioral problems, you should contact the youth officer of your local police station to discuss a Minor Requiring Authoritative Intervention (MRAI) petition. If the minor is not attending school, you should contact the school for further direction.
No, however, bonds are issued on minors who are charged as adults in criminal court. Minors under the age of 17 are held at the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center at 1100 South Hamilton, Chicago, IL 60612. To bond out a minor, a parent or guardian must bring cash or cashier's check to the Clerk's Office in the Juvenile Court Center for processing. Only cash will be accepted after regular business hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Once the bond is paid, minors must sign themselves out on the bond form prior to being released.
If a warrant has been issued, it is suggested that you go to the Youth Division of the Chicago Police Department located on the Concourse Level of the Cook County Juvenile Center, 1100 South Hamilton, Chicago, IL 60612.
Any minor that has been arrested and waiting to appear in court will be held at the Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Facility located in the Cook County Juvenile Center - 1100 South Hamilton, Chicago, IL 60612 - (312) 433-7102.
There is no fee for filing an appearance in the Juvenile Justice Division.
Due to the confidential nature of Juvenile Justice Division matters, the only parties authorized to access case files are the minor who is the subject of record, their parent(s), their guardian and their legal counsel. Requests for records/file(s) are made through the Juvenile Justice Division and then forwarded to the Presiding Judge's office for approval. Access will be given upon presentment of valid identification establishing identity and relationship to the subject minor.
You can obtain information regarding court dates and times by calling the Clerk's Office at (312) 433-4941 and Central Index at (312) 433-6702.