How to Get Your Next Court Date | Zoom Information | Limiting In-Person Contact | Bail Review


Filing a New Chancery Case

All pleadings, summons and appearances should be filed in Room 802. 

If a new complaint is being filed, the caption must also contain a description of the relief sought, such as an Injunction, Mortgage Foreclosure, Class Action, or General (Circuit Court of Cook County General Order No. 3.5). 

Along with the initial Complaint or Petition the party initiating the new action in the Chancery Division is required to complete a Chancery Cover Sheet (Form # CCCH0623) obtained in Room 802.