How to Get Your Next Court Date | Zoom Information | Limiting In-Person Contact | Bail Review


Obtaining a criminal history search

There are three ways in which to request a criminal history search:
  1. Criminal Division Customer Service Counter
  2. Mail request
  3. Fax request
If the arrest occurred before 1985, you must provide a rap sheet from the Chicago Police Department.

If a person was arrested and released without being charged, the person must provide an arrest report or a rap sheet that indicates that the person was released without being charged. This information may also be obtained at the Chicago Police Department.

If a person is out of state and the arrest occurred in Chicago, arrest information may be obtained by contacting the Chicago Police Department.

Illinois State Police
Division of Administration
Bureau of Identification
260 North Chicago Street
Joliet, Illinois 60432
(815) 740-5160