How to Get Your Next Court Date | Zoom Information | Limiting In-Person Contact | Bail Review


Obtaining a copy of a Divorce Judgment that was entered before 1986

  • Requests for dissolutions entered before 1986 can be made via phone, mail or in person.
  • Be sure to inform the Clerk's Office the party names or the case number.
  • The clerk can look your case up on the computer and get the microfilm or microfiche number.
  • The clerk can then obtain a copy of your judgment on microfilm (for cases filed from 1987-present) or microfiche (for cases filed from 1970 to 1985).
  • If case is older than 1986, you can get it from the Archives Department in Room 1113 of the Daley Center. Call (312) 603-6601 for more information.
  • If you want to see the entire file, the clerk can order it from the Record Center.