How to Get Your Next Court Date | Zoom Information | Limiting In-Person Contact | Bail Review


Registering a Judgment From Another State or County

Foreign judgments filed with the court pursuant to the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act, 735 ILCS 5/12-650 et seq.  


Civil Action Cover Sheet (CCL0520), Foreign Judgment Registration Cover Sheet (CCG0620), Notice of Filing (CCG0612)


An authenticated (e.g., certified) copy of the foreign judgment, together with the Civil Action Cover Sheet and the Foreign Judgment Registration Cover Sheet. An affidavit setting forth the name and last known address of the judgment debtor and judgment creditor.


The notice shall include the name and last known address of the judgment creditor and the creditor's attorney, if any.

The Clerk shall promptly mail notice of the filing of the foreign judgment to the judgment debtor at the address given and shall make a note of the filing on the Electronic Docket.

Any person filing a foreign judgment shall pay a fee to the circuit clerk equivalent to the fee that would be required were the person filing a complaint seeking the amount awarded in the foreign judgment. 

All Registrations of Foreign Judgment are assigned to Tax & Miscellaneous Calendar 5.